The Cardiff Hotel is a friendly Bed & Breakfast Hotel in the heart of London, run by the Davies family since 1958.
Our hotel is located in a quiet tree-lined square not far from Paddington Station and the Heathrow Express Train. This means we are only 15 minutes by train from Heathrow Airport, perfectly placed to ensure you can spend more time seeing London and the rest of the UK. You can enjoy being a few minutes walk from Hyde Park, Oxford Street and some of London's most famous attractions including Big Ben, Madame Tussaud's and The London Eye; with easy underground and bus links to West End theatres, Wembley Stadium, the museums, Harrods and so much more...
Whether you are visiting London for business or pleasure the Cardiff hotel offers you an ideal central location. We invite you to become one of our regular visitors.
How to travel to the Cardiff Hotel
To check how to reach the Cardiff Hotel, please visit one of the following websites (your destination post code is W2 1RU):
- By public transport: The Cardiff Hotel is only 2 min walk from the Paddington train, underground, bus station. Please visit www.tfl.gov.uk and type W2 1RU as your destination.
- By coach: We are about 15 min away from the Victoria Coach Station which is the largest coach station in London. Walk down the Buckingham Palace Road towards Victoria underground station and pick up the District or Circle line to Paddington. www.nationalexpress.com
- By Road: Easy access to westbound motorways - M40 to Oxford and beyond, or M4 to Bristol and Cardiff. There is free street parking overnight in front of the hotel after 6:30pm Monday to Saturday, until 8:30am. Parking is free all day Sundays. When you arrive check parking signage carefully: park in the metered area by the garden not in the resident's bays. www.rac.co.uk/route-planner
- By Train: Euston or Kings Cross Station: Take the circle line directly to Paddington, journey time 15 minutes. Waterloo Station: Eurostar arrival point, for trains from Paris and Brussels. The Bakerloo underground line connects Waterloo station directly to Paddington Station. www.nationalrail.co.uk
- Heathrow Airport: The Heathrow Express Train speeds between Heathrow Airport and Paddington Station in 15 minutes, and then it's a 2 minute walk to the Cardiff! A taxi will take 45 minutes and cost approximately £45. www.heathrowexpress.com, www.heathrowconnect.com
- Gatwick Airport: The Gatwick Express Train arrives into Victoria Station, 10 minutes by underground or taxi to the Cardiff. A taxi will take 1 ½ hours and cost about £75. gatwickexpress.com
- Stansted Airport: The Skytrain from Stansted arrives into Liverpool Street Station. The Circle Line connects Liverpool Street directly to Paddington station. www.stanstedairport.com
- Luton Airport: The Thameslink train service brings you into Kings Cross Station and then circle line to Paddington. www.london-luton.co.uk
- London City Airport: A shuttle bus runs every 10 minutes connecting the airport to Canary Wharf for the jubilee line or Liverpool Street Station for the circle line. www.londoncityairport.com
NOTE: The Cardiff is not inside the congestion charging zone. The zone operates Monday to Friday 7am to 6:30pm. See www.cclondon.com for more information.